Lake Natron Halisi Camp is located on a concession of 9 acres south of Lake Natron and the village of Engaresero. The camp’s location provides incredible views of Oldoinyo LEngai and the Rift Valley Escarpment. Enjoy sweeping views across the Lake and Oldoinyo Lengaiwith a sundowner as well as a bush experience far from the village and other camps. The land belongs to the village of Engaresero, so that every guest staying at the camp is contributing to the development and wellbeing of thevillage and her people. Through your stay and the walks and activities you enjoy in the region, the people of Engaresero will derive direct benefit.
Lake Natron Halisi Camp is open all year. Although this camp does not move seasonally like in Serengeti, the concept is that we will leave the land and environment as we found it. This means solar energy, minimal water usage and measures designed to ensure the smallest carbon footprint possible, withoutcompromising on service and comfort.
Lake Natron is the only breeding ground in East Africa for 2.5 million Lesser Flamingo. The lake is a safe breeding location because its caustic environment is a barrier against predators trying to reach their nests. Natron is also dominated by the immense Oldoinyo Lengai volcano, which though still active, makes a challenging climbing experience for those fit enough to undertake it. Close by there is a beautiful gorge walk to the Engaresero waterfalls for acooling swim, which when combined with a visit to the lake and the opportunity to experience Masai culture in the local villages, all make Natron an enchanting place to break a safari for two or three days.
Lake Natron Halisi Camp offers
• 10 extra large, 7 metre en suite superior walk-in tents for single., double, twin triple or family occupancy (1 kingsize and 2 single beds)
• King size beds with deluxe mattress for the best night’s sleep
• Light by Solar Energy
• 2 twin beds or 1 double bed or Family tent with 1 double and 2 singles
• Luggage rack, bedside table and clothes hangar
• Separate bathroom area with bush shower, sink, stand, mirror and toilet
• Hot water boiled and personally brought to your tent on request
• Small Veranda area to sit and take in the view
• Lounge, Dining and Bar Tent
• Camp Fire